Friday, May 8, 2009

Busy, busy

Well we got a swing set. The girls love it and mommy loves it too. Daddy didn't even get too frustrated putting it together. Ha! We've been outside a lot lately playing and getting the garden ready. Last weekend was rainy, but that was okay because we were at our Circuit Assembly in Indianapolis. The girls did really well despite the 2 long days. Saturday night we got to visit with their cousin Noah. He has grown so much since we saw him and the girls absolutely adore him. Maya kept saying baby Noah is soooo cute!

This weekend the girls have been invited to a tea party. They are beyond excited about it. I will bring my camera along and take some pics. Grandma and Grandpa Hanft are camping this weekend and we are going to join them for dinner and the campfire. The girls are dying to roast marshmellows. Bella is hilarious to watch because she wants to do it herself, but her marshmellow is 5 feet away from the fire. It keeps her happy though and I'm glad she stays away from the fire.

Maya's dance class performed at one of the local nursing homes last Friday. They did a fantastic job. I think all the girls actually thrived on having an audience. Hopefully, they will do that well the day of the big recital. When it was over Maya said mommy that was so much fun! To hear that makes the sacrifice of the time and money so worth it. I think she is a natural performer, but we all knew that.

I am leaving town on Tuesday and won't be back until Friday night to go to a conference for school business officials. Usually when I go to conferences it is just for the day, but this is an all week thing in Ft. Wayne. It is going to be very helpful for my job, but I will really miss Jake and the kids. Also, I am going to miss Maya's dress rehearsal for the recital, but Jake and my mom will take her. Hopefully, everybody will still be alive when I return. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment