Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer!

A friend of mine recently gave me a hard time about not keeping up with my blog. She's right. I've been lazy. In my defense we have had a super busy summer. We've had a hog roast, 2 district conventions, family gatherings and oh we all had the swine flu. Just kidding on the latter, but we did all get a nasty virus. There was 3 continuous weeks where someone in our family was sick. Not fun! One note on the district convention, Jake had an interview and did awesome. Not much pressure, only 5,000 people staring at you, but he didn't even sound nervous. I was a proud wife.
We got an above ground pool this year and Maya loves it. She's an absolute fish! We have been in it almost every single day. This week I am on vacation and she is taking swimming lessons at Indiana University. We've had lots of fun this week. Several of us ladies put our kids in the same time slot so they can do the lesson and we can visit. Afterwards we all took the kids to the park. It has been nice being a temporary stay at home mom.
We have several things coming up that will be fun. My cousin Mallory is getting married in September and so we have her bridal shower coming up. Jake's cousin is having a baby and we have her baby shower to go to on Sunday. Maya keeps forgetting it is a baby shower and she calls it a baby shampoo! I'm having some technical difficulties on getting pictures posted. I will try again and if not, I will have Jake assist me with that tonight. I'm off to enjoy the rest of the peace and quiet of nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment